Lappeenranta´s Winter Harbour
A hub of winter activities and events, Winter Harbour (Talvisatama) offers activities for the whole family at Lappeenranta's harbour square! Grab your snow glider and let the snow slide take you to new wintertime adventures! The Winter Harbour consists of six special themed Saturdays from the grand opening on 27 January to 2 March. The activities include the Valkoinen Kukka dog sleds in the Casino Park. Snowshoes rented by Saimaa Palju Events from the self-service rental point in the harbour will be available for those who want to conquer the ice of Saimaa, as well as a fun photo walk.
For the duration of the Winter Harbour, Satamatori will have a ring sledge and a snow slide where guests can experience unbridled joy and speed. The ice path, which is marked with red snow stakes and starts at the head of the harbour, invites Winter Harbour guests to take a brisk walk and enjoy the wintery environment. The groove running between the ski tracks can be negotiated on foot or by bicycle. The map service for the shared-use path and the path’s maintenance situation.
During the winter harbour season, the Satamator is the perfect place to enjoy the fun of snorkelling and an action-packed snow slide. The shared-use path from the harbour, marked with red plough sticks, invites you to a winter adventure.
The heated indoor terrace of Bistro & Cafe Veera serves the harbour during events. Serving hydrogen, atoms, pancakes, as well as doughnuts and buns.
Six event Saturdays for the whole family
The Winter Harbour will consist of six activity-filled event Saturdays:
- 27th of January from 10:00 to 17:00 Grand opening of the Winter Harbour and Dream Year of Culture | Programme includes dog sled rides organised by Valkoinen Kukka from 12:00 to 14:00. The full programme for the opening week of the Dream Year of Culture.
- 3rd of February from 10:00 to 14:00 Winter day for the whole family | Competitions and fun exercise tracks organised by the P14 team of SaiPa Salibandy, Veiterä, SaiPa and Willimiehen Disc Golf ry. Dog sled rides organised by Valkoinen Kukka from 10:00 to 13:00.
- 10th of February from 10:00 to 13:00 Winter day for the whole family | Wintery activities organised by the Evangelical Lutheran parishes of Lappeenranta, Save the Children Finland, Etelä-Karjalan perhetyön kehittämisyhdistys ry, Martha Association, the Mannerheim League for Child Welfare and Pesä Ysit. The service dog association Lappeenrannan Palveluskoirayhdistys offers rides to small children from 10:00 to 12:00. Dog sled rides organised by Valkoinen Kukka from 11:00 to 13:00.
- 17th of February from 10:00 to 14:00 Winter day for the whole family | Kite flying organised by Leijapojat (Kiteboys), putting competition organised by Willimiehen Disc Golf ry. Dog sled rides organised by Valkoinen Kukka from 10:00 to 13:00.
- 24th of February from 18:00 to 20:00 Sataman Iltatulet evening fires | A new type of activity to illuminate the winter evening.
- 2nd of March from 10:00 to 13:00 LTKY’s traditional Jäärieha celebrations for the whole family and dog sled rides organised by Valkoinen Kukka from 10:00 to 13:00.
Visitors who want to explore the frozen Lake Saimaa can rent snowshoes and sliding step snowshoes from Saimaan Palju Events at the self-service point in Satamatori. Photo orienteering is also a fun way to explore the lake and harbour. At certain times, visitors can also rent e-fatbikes from Saimaan Palju Events. Read more and book your equipment here. Snowshoes and sliding step snowshoes can be rented at the self-service point in Satamatori 24/7.
The easiest way to rent equipment is through the booking calendars of Saimaan Palju Events. On days suitable for outdoor activities, e-fatbikes in particular are in high demand, which is why booking the equipment in advance is recommended.
Saimaan Palju Events service hours in the Winter Harbour: (self-service point available 24/7):
- 27 January from 12:00 to 17:00
- 3 February from 10:00 to 14:00
- 10 February from 10:00 to 13:00
- 17 February from 10:00 to 14:00
- 24 February from 18:00 to 20:00
- 2 March from 10:00 to 14:00