A gorgeous church in the centre of Lappeenranta
Lappee church is a wooden so-called double cruciform church situated in the centre of the city. The church is built in the year 1794. Juhana Salonen, a church builder from Savitaipale, has built the current church. During the years the building has gone through many fixing and modification works. Aleksandra Frosterus-Såltin has painted the altarpiece, which represents the Ascension of Christ, in 1887. The other paintings are made by artists, who have remained unknown. The existing organ is from the year 1967. The church serves travellers as a road church.