Red brick church located on the embankment of Nikolai
The Lappeenranta Church was inaugurated for its present use in the year 1924. This red brick church was first designed for the use of the Russian garrison. Academician Georg Kosekoff has designed the church and the building started already in the year 1913. The First World War caused the suspension of the construction work. When Finland became independent the church became a property of the country. The church is located on the embankment of the Nikolai. Ilmari Launis has painted the altarpiece "The Christ on the Cross". The Lappeenranta Church was totally renovated in the year 1965.